Wounded Warrior Wives Retreats
Hope for the Home Front is teaming up with Operation Homefront to host the following retreats for wives of wounded warriors!
We are pleased to join with Operation Homefront and their generous sponsors to present a modified version of our weekend retreat program. JOIN US!
Together we are working to ENCOURAGE, EDUCATE and EMPOWER the home front!
DATES AND LOCATIONS:
- February 3-5, 2012 – Ft. Bliss, TX
- March 2-4, 2012 – Ft. Lewis, WA
- March 16-18, 2012 – Ft Stewart, GA
- April 20-22, 2012 – Ft. Campbell, KY
- May 4-6, 2012 – Ft. Carson, CO
Please visit Operation Homefront's website to register and/or to learn more about these exciting events.
Hope for the Home Front presents When War Comes Home DON'T RETREAT retreats for the purpose of offering information and encouragement to attendees. They are not designed or intended to provide professional counseling or any type of mental health treatment. Persons who feel they need such therapy should immediately contact a licensed therapist.
- Meet and make new friends with other women who love and live with a combat veteran.
- Get the latest updates on medical, psychological and spiritual insights about PTSD and TBI.
- Gain a better understanding of your own issues including Secondary Traumatic Stress and Compassion Fatigue.
- Experience a safe, confidential environment where you can be transparent.
- Learn about local and national resources available and ready to help you and your loved ones.
- Be pampered! Get a chair massage, a manicure or a facial!
- Build your own customized support network.
- Construct your own plan for personal wholeness and health.
- Be assigned to a Care Team Member who will pray, offer guidance, support and encouragement throughout the retreat and for the following year.
- Rekindle hope and renew your strength for the journey.
- Be inspired and motivated to get back into life and to engage in compassionate service as a part of your own healing.
- Remember how to laugh!
- Be honored for your service and sacrifice
Partner with us to offer hope and healing to military families all over the world!
As you may appreciate, to organize a retreat of this nature and do it well, there is much groundwork to be laid and planning to be done. Help and assistance is needed in various ways at every location. Specifically, each retreat requires financial support, 'boots on the ground' retreat team development, planning, publicity, sponsorships, local care givers, childcare, hospitality, and so much more.
We are also exploring the possibility of hosting retreats in the following geographic areas:
- Virginia Beach
- Fort Bragg
- Upper U.S. Northwest (N. California, Washington State, Oregon)
- Fort Campbell
- Fort Hood
- San Diego
To bring our retreats to your area of the world, please Contact Us. Become a part of this informative and healing weekend!